21 February 2012

More on My Local Church History Project

Something I've been working on for the past six months is a short book project on a local church here in Grand Forks.  I recently posted some pictures of the building that is scheduled to be demolished as soon as the ground dries out after winter.  My book on the subject looks as though it is going to be just the first in a series of local histories on the Grand Forks community taken on by the University of North Dakota history department and the Grand Forks Community Land Trust.

Today, Dr. Bill Caraher wrote about the ultimate scope of the project on his blog, The New Archaeology of the Mediterranean World.  While my part in the project will be most likely be done in the next couple of months, I'll be interested to see how the rest of the project works out.  I'm sure that a block-by-block history of the town will have to deal with several local North Dakota churches of various denominations, as basically every major denomination in American church history has been active at one point or another in Grand Forks.  I'll be sure to post more about the book as it gets closer to publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment