09 September 2011

My Current Work Mentioned on Another Site

I recently wrote about some of my current work and how it involves maps.  I just finished up my initial overview of these Sanborn maps that show how the landscape of Grand Forks, North Dakota, changed over time.  The location and the building material of churches is my main concern in undertaking this survey. 

One of my professors at UND maintains a blog, and it was actually his interest in this particular church that is about to be demolished that got me involved in this particular project.  The church is actually located in a historic district, and appears (from the records available) to be the oldest wood-framed church still standing in town.  One of the recent posts on his blog gives some pictures, as well as some of my preliminary hypotheses regarding the religious landscape of Grand Forks around the turn of the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment